We are a student-led group that has been working hard since Sept 2015 to establish both the physical space of the kitchen and it's workshops and programming.
Currently we are offering FREE SOUP every week on Mondays to Thursdays 1-4pm. Come out and enjoy an inviting space for all!
With help from a number of community stakeholders, we are excited to hold a number of workshops in the coming weeks. Please check the Event Calendar for complete details.
🎇 The Student Community Kitchen space is FREE to use! Register by email at OPIRG@uwindsor.ca
Free equipment and resources. BYOI (bring your own ingredients). 🎇
To provide an open space for people of all skill levels to gather and participate in preparing a meal. Implementing one on campus at the OPIRG house (372 California Avenue, Windsor) would integrate the campus and community to:
- Increase access to high quality and nutritious food
- Document presence of student food insecurity
- Increase students’ knowledge of nutrition and cooking skills
- Reduce student social isolation by providing an opportunity for students to come together to make and enjoy simple and inexpensive meals
- Increase campus-community relations by utilizing surplus food from the community as a catalyst for education, collaboration, and community action
Where we Currently Stand:
FREE SOUP every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1-4pm!